The history of Christian Brothers Academy is short in time but long in accomplishments. Early in 1958, a group of devoted laymen, headed by Mr. John C. Henderson, Mr. Peter E. Fleming and Doctor George A. Sheehan, realized the need for another Catholic High School in Monmouth County. With the approval of the Most Reverend Bishop George W. Ahr, they initiated a drive to raise funds for the purchase of a piece of property. The Brothers of the Christian Schools, under the leadership of their Provincial, Brother Anthony John Halpin, agreed to staff the school and finance its construction.
The former Whitney Greentree Stables, a 157-acre farm, was purchased and one building was converted into what is now Henderson Hall. With six Brothers and 150 students, the school was opened in September, 1959; two years later the new school building was finished and ready for occupancy. The first principal of Christian Brothers Academy was Brother Albert Bernard McKenna. He was succeeded by Brother Stephen McCabe in 1964, and by Brother Peter Mannion in 1972. Brother Andrew O’Gara was appointed as the fourth principal in 1979, and first president of the Academy in 1991. Brother Ralph Montedoro served as principal from 1991 to 2005. Brother Stephen Olert served from 2005 to 2008. Our current principal is Brother James Butler. In September 2009 Brother Frank Byrne succeeded Brother Andrew as President of CBA.