Christian Brothers Academy and the CBA Alumni Association have announced this year’s individual and team inductees to the CBA Hall of Fame. The five individual honorees and two teams will be formally recognized at this year’s Hall of Fame Gala on Saturday, November 19, 2016 at Doolan’s Shore Club in Spring Lake, NJ. This year’s honorees include:
- Sean Duffy ’70, senior vice president, investments, with Stifel Nicolaus, current member of the CBA Board of Trustees and longtime benefactor of the Academy, and a former radio personality.
- Lawrence R. Goldman ’84, regional education director for Asia and the Pacific at FHI 360, an international not-for-profit organization that works to improve educational opportunities for children in some of the poorest communities in Asia, Africa, and Central America.
- Nicholas J. LaBrocca ’03, a major league soccer player, currently with the Chicago Fire as a midfielder.
- Timothy Sewnig, a 25-year member of CBA’s theology department, former Peace Corps volunteer, leader of the Academy’s Campus Ministry, and longtime coach.
- The 1968 Wrestling Team, the first CBA wrestling team to win a district championship.
- The 1973 Basketball Team, one of the most successful teams in Colts basketball history with an undefeated season (28-0) and a NJSIAA Parochial “A” State title.
About Christian Brothers Academy:
Christian Brothers Academy (CBA) is a private, Catholic, academic preparatory school for boys located in Lincroft, New Jersey. Founded in 1959 and taught in the Lasallian tradition, CBA awards over $1.3 million in scholarships & financial aid to current students. Parents can register their son for the October 29th
Entrance Exam by visiting www.CBALincroftNJ.org