CBA HALL OF FAME INDUCTS 2016 CLASS
November 21, 2016
Four deserving individuals and two memorable teams were formally inducted into the Christian Brothers Academy Hall of Fame on Saturday night.
Hosted by the CBA Alumni Association, the fourth annual gala was held at Doolan’s Shore Club in Spring Lake Heights. Led by master of ceremonies Paul Molzon ’72, each inductee and both teams were introduced to the CBA community with a short video, followed by the awarding of a commemorative trophy and a thank-you speech.
Congratulations to the following for best exemplifying what it means to be a CBA Colt:
- Sean Duffy ’70: a past member of the CBA Board of Trustees, Financial Advisor for Stifel Nicolaus, longtime CBA Benefactor.
- Lawrence Goldman ’84: a leader in international education development, Regional Education Director for Asia and the Pacific at FHI 360.
- Nicholas LaBrocca ’03: Major League Soccer player for the Chicago Fire, a 2011 MLS All-Star, two-time CBA Soccer state champion (2000, 2002).
- Timothy Sewnig: CBA Director of Campus Ministry, a mainstay in the Theology Department, one-time Peace Corps volunteer.
- 1968 Wrestling Team: the first Colts wrestling team to win a District 22 Championship, led by the architect of CBA Wrestling, head coach Mr. Tony Chesney.
- 1973 Basketball Team: an undefeated (28-0) Parochial A State Championship team, under the guidance of legendary head coach Mr. Vinnie Cox.
“The Hall of Fame recognizes several of our alumni and faculty for their extraordinary achievements,” President Brother Frank Byrne ’75 said. “We congratulate them for their many accomplishments, all of which have enhanced the tradition of CBA. Each inductee has played an integral part in building our proud history.”
Each inductee will be enshrined on the Hall of Fame display outside of Alumni Hall at the Academy. The Class of 2016 joins nearly 80 individuals and teams that have been previously inducted into the Hall of Fame.
About the CBA Hall of Fame:
The Christian Brothers Academy Hall of Fame honors those members of the CBA community who best exemplify what it means to be a Colt. Through their achievements at and beyond the Academy, these individuals have pushed the boundaries of what it means to be a part of the CBA community, bringing credit and distinction to their alma mater along the way.
Established in 2013, the Hall of Fame finds its origins in the Alumni Awards program, which had been conducted by the Alumni Association from 1990 until 2012. All recipients of the Alumni Awards were formally inducted into the Hall of Fame at the first Gala in November 2013, along with several newly-nominated individuals and one team.