Celebrating CBA Seniors with 20,200 Mile Virtual Run/Walk
April 28, 2020
As we continue with our social distancing practices into May, Christian Brothers Academy will be celebrating the Class of 2020 in exciting, yet different ways.
The CBA Mothers’ Club is sponsoring a 20,200-mile virtual run and walk to recognize the CBA senior class, beginning on May 1st – the original final day of classes for the seniors. The event will run through May 20th, with the hope of announcing we reached or surpassed our goal of 20,200 miles on May 21st, the original date of the graduation ceremony.
The Mothers’ Club hopes that students, families, alumni, faculty and friends will join in for the virtual run and walk. Participants are encouraged to share their miles via social media.
Continue reading for complete information on how to participate!
- No sign-up required – participating is easy!
- Between May 1st and May 20th, track your miles from running or walking.
- Share your daily miles each day or a weekly total each week. (Daily sharing is encouraged!)
HOW DO I TRACK MY MILES?
- Smartphones and watches all have steps and mileage trackers built in. The “Health” app on the iPhone is already installed and takes just a few minutes to set it up.
- Try searching “Track My Run” or “Track My Walk” on the App Store or Google Play. There are several, free apps that make it easy.
HOW DO I SHARE MY MILES?
- Post your run or walk on your social media – Instagram, Facebook or Twitter – and add the following hashtag to your post: #CBA2020virtualrunwalk
- Add a picture of yourself on your daily outing, wearing your CBA gear! Feel free to include an inspirational message to the Class of 2020!
- Don’t have social media or would rather not share on your social media? Send an email to email@example.com and include your daily total or weekly total. We’d love a picture and message in the emails too!
WHO CAN PARTICIPATE?
- EVERYBODY! This is open to all who wish to support the CBA Class of 2020.
- We hope all CBA students, families, alumni, faculty and friends will join in at some point during the 20 days.
HOW DO PARTICIPANTS TRACK THE TOTAL MILES?
- Be sure to follow CBA on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram. Total mileage will be posted regularly.
- If you don’t have social media, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org asking for an update, or ask to receive a daily mileage update automatically.
THE FINE PRINT
- There is no cost to participate! This event is solely for the purpose of celebrating the CBA Class of 2020 in these extraordinary times.
- Reporting of miles is done on the honor system. We welcome sharing of pictures from your mileage app, but it is not required.
- Please use caution and follow all social distancing measures currently in place by the state.
- Pictures and miles shared via social media or email may be used on CBA’s social media to publicize this virtual event.