Students Excel on National Latin Exam
June 3, 2020
CBA’s Latin students displayed their academic prowess in the 2020 National Latin Exam. Over 140,000 students nationwide take the NLE each year.
- Of the 70 CBA students that took the exam at all levels, 33 won awards.
- 6 students earned gold medals
- 6 students earned silver medals
- 10 finished magna cum laude
- 11 finished cum laude
- Award Percentages: 27% of Latin I students, 77% of Latin II, 10% of standard juniors, 50% of honors juniors and 100% of AP Latin.
All Latin students at CBA are required to take the exam, which differs from many schools across the country. Typically, schools allow only the top students to sit for the exam.