May 6, 2018
Christian Brothers Academy is seeking an enthusiastic, dynamic individual with vision and a desire to take initiative to be its new Music Director/Teacher. Deeply steeped in the Lasallian tradition and a Blue Ribbon School of Excellence, Christian Brothers Academy prides itself on educating the whole student. As part of that commitment, we are seeking a Music Director who can engage our young men in the musical arts and develop them within a flexible, non-traditional program. The ideal candidate is a dedicated educator and competent musician who truly enjoys working with high school age students.
- Instrumental Music: jazz ensemble (curricular and extra-curricular)
- Vocal Music: Men’s Choir, Liturgical Music, and Music Ministry Coordinator
- Theatre: Music Director, Spring Musical (includes the audition process)
- Concerts: prepare and organize a minimum of 2 formal concerts per year with the possibility of a 3rd, as well as smaller chamber style performances as needed on and off campus.
- Academic: teach a small number of classes such as: Fundamentals of Music, Theory, Music History, and Music Appreciation
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in music or music education
- Experience conducting instrumental and vocal ensembles at the secondary level
- Understanding of a strong music program: recruitment, organizing, and educating musicians at the secondary level.
- Strong knowledge of choral repertoire and vocal pedagogy techniques
- Willingness to work with other faculty members to broaden the scope of music on campus
- Willingness to be flexible and creative with time and rehearsal schedules
- Ability to help students make real-world connections with music and how it relates to every-day life, culture, society, and the world around them
- Willingness and ability to collaborate with professional musicians.
This position is full-time, ten (10) months per year (September through June)
Interested candidates should forward a letter of interest and résumé to Mrs. Maureen Szablewski, Dean of Campus Life, care of Donna Toscano email@example.com – Christian Brothers Academy, 850 Newman Springs Rd, Lincroft, NJ 07738
Varsity Head Wrestling Coach
April 12, 2018
CBA is seeking a driven and passionate individual to become the next Head Varsity Wrestling coach and carry on the prestigious tradition of the program. This stipend position reports to the Director of Athletics. Ideal candidates will have at least 3 years of prior high school coaching experience in the sport and will have the desire to help sustain and continually build upon the success of the wrestling program. Interested candidates should be confident in teaching the technical, fundamental, and strategic aspects of the game, as well as have the ability to motivate and mentor student-athletes, while emphasizing faith and service.
- Involvement with and coordination of all aspects of the wrestling program, including sub-varsity levels
- Follow policies and procedures set forth by the NJSIAA, Shore Conference, Christian Brothers Academy and athletic director
- To hold safe, structured, fundamental-based practices, facilitate athletic development, supervise and provide a positive experience for all student-athletes.
- Maintain individual and team records, speak to the media, and promote individual and team accomplishments through various media outlets, including posting scores and using social media
- Maintain current inventory of equipment and suggest future enhancements and improvements
- Establish good working relationships with parents, alumni, and other important members of the CBA community
- Oversee that athletes are participating in strength and conditioning
- Previous high school coaching experience
- Proven ability to work cooperatively with student-athletes
- Proven ability to act in a professional manner in adverse situations
- Advanced knowledge of the sport
- Willingness and desire to be involved in all aspects of building a successful program
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- College wrestling experience preferred
- Other certifications necessary to coach in the NJSIAA will be required upon hire
Interested candidates should send a resume and vision statement to:
Christine Brody, Athletic Department Secretary firstname.lastname@example.org
March 9, 2018
Christian Brothers Academy is seeking a new full-time member of its Mathematics department who has the ability to develop and implement interactive lesson plans which emphasize critical thinking as well as the ability to positively collaborate with all relevant stakeholders.
Preferred candidates will possess a Bachelor’s Degree in Secondary Math Education, NJ State Certification, and teaching experience.
Please send resume and cover letter to
Ms. Donna Toscano (email@example.com).
Start date September 1, 2018