CBA ATHLETICS PRESENTED WITH 7TH SHOPRITE CUP
September 24, 2015
Posted at 18:34h in Uncategorized
In a school gathering held today (9/24), representatives from ShopRite Supermarkets and the NJSIAA presented the Athletics Department with the ShopRite Cup for the 2014-15 calendar year. In one of the greatest years in Academy sports history, CBA secured 193 points to win group A–also earning the most points of any New Jersey school.
The ShopRite Cup is awarded annually to the state’s top high school athletic programs. Schools are placed in groups based on location and being a private or public school. Six cups (one per group) are awarded at the conclusion of competition for Fall, Winter and Spring based on most points earned during state championship competition.
CBA earned 184 points through championship victories. Additionally, nine points were awarded for having no disqualifications of any student-athletes in any game, match, race or event throughout the entire year. With 193 points, CBA secured the most points of any group in the state en route to winning the Cup in its Group A division.
The CBA teams that helped secure the ShopRite Cup for the Academy include:
- Soccer (3rd at States)
- Cross-country (State Champions)
- Swimming (State Champions)
- Wrestling (3rd at States)
- Basketball (2nd at States)
- Indoor Track (State Champions and State Relay Champions)
- Baseball (State Champions)
- Golf (2nd at States)
- Outdoor Track (2nd at States)
At the event, CBA’s additional athletic accomplishments were also recognized. They included:
- Volleyball winning their 1st ever Shore Conference Tournament Championship
- Sailing winning their 1st ever State Championship
- Crew fielding two State Championship Boats (Senior 4 & Freshman 8)
This marks the seventh year that the Academy has earned this recognition and the 12th year of the ShopRite Cup.