SIGNS OF SUCCESS: SENIORS RECOGNIZED AT CBA SIGNING DAY
November 12, 2015
Our senior class continues to impress us with their unwavering commitment to greatness. On Wednesday, November 11th, 2015, fifteen of our senior student-athletes formalized their commitments to continue their educations and athletic careers at some of our nation’s most prestigious colleges and universities across the country.
Colts representing swimming, wrestling, track, cross country, baseball, basketball, lacrosse and crew participated in the ceremony held in the Academy library.
“On behalf of CBA, I would like to express just how proud we all are of our exceptional student-athletes here today,” said Director of Athletics Vito Chiaravallotii. “What’s most impressive is not that they are talented enough to continue their athletic careers, but rather that they have placed a priority on their studies, giving themselves the opportunity to attend some of the best colleges in the nation. These young men truly embody what it means to be a student-athlete.”
Congratulations to the following Colts:
- Patrick Andree of Colts Neck (Basketball: Lehigh University)
- Kenny Campbell of Brick (Baseball: Lafayette University)
- Gianluca Dalatri of Wall (Baseball: University of North Carolina)
- Brian Dengler of Rumson (Cross Country: Bucknell University)
- Zach DiGiaro of Middletown (Swimming: Bryant University)
- Brendan Galvin of Spring Lake (Baseball: Princeton University)
- John Hall of Little Silver (Swimming: Dartmouth University)
- Ryan Hutzley of Ocean (Crew: Princeton University)
- Tyler Kauth of Wall (Swimming: Seton Hall University)
- Paul Knepple of Point Pleasant (Cross Country: University of Richmond)
- Brandon Martorano of Marlboro (Baseball: University of North Carolina)
- William Miksic of Spring Lake (Crew: Cornell University)
- Sebastian Rivera of Jackson (Wrestling: Northwestern University)
- John Salcedo of Little Silver (Lacrosse: Bucknell University)
- Mike Zupko of Old Bridge (Track: Princeton University)
These seniors explained some of the main points behind their ultimate decision, and what they’re most looking forward to in the next step of their development:
Gianluca Dalatri ’16, Baseball, North Carolina: “The tradition speaks for itself. Knowing that we are going to go there and be a part of it, it’s humbling. It’s going to be hard and it’s going to be fun. At the end of the day, it’s really what I wanted to do. Anytime you can say you are part of an organization like that, it’s a great feeling. Something that we [Dalatri and teammate Brandon Martorano] worked hard to get to, so we will try to enjoy it as much as we can now.”
Brandon Martorano ’16, Baseball, North Carolina: “Obviously, North Carolina is a great academic institution as well. I’m really looking forward to getting down there and working hard in both the classroom and on the field. It’s definitely going to be a challenge and something I’m definitely excited for.”
Paul Knepple ’16, Cross Country, Richmond: “When I went down there (to Richmond), I really liked the team dynamic that they’ve got there. It’s like one big family. The coaches were great and the school is beautiful. I loved all the facilities and I really just liked everything about the school.”
Mike Zupko ’16, Track, Princeton: “[Princeton] is a beautiful school and great both academically and athletically. When I took my official visit there, I just loved it. It’s a great team dynamic and the coaches know what they are doing. They were trying to put together a great team and I know it’s going to be great.”
John Salcedo ’16, Lacrosse, Bucknell
: “I’m very excited to go to Bucknell. It’s a testament to CBA both academically and athletically to help me get there. I’m excited to continue my career there, but I’m first looking forward to a great season here (at CBA) this upcoming spring and then after that I’ll take my talents to Lewisburg.”
These young men have been incredible representatives of the ideals of our great institution. We wish them all the best during their respective senior seasons and in all of their future endeavors, on and off the field.
Parents & fans:
Search #CBASigningDay15 on Twitter for all of our event day photos!