Ten CBA Student-Athletes Ink Division I Commitments
November 13, 2023
Ten student-athletes from Christian Brothers Academy celebrated National Signing Day on November 8, committing to continue their academic and athletic careers at great institutions..
Five different CBA sports were represented at the ceremony, with all 10 students heading to Division colleges around the country.
“On behalf of the entire CBA community, I would like to congratulate these young men and their families on their great achievement,” said Director of Athletics Michael Mazzaccaro. “Through countless hours of hard work spent on both academics and athletics, these student-athletes have proven themselves worthy of competing and excelling at the next level.”
The following Academy men committed on November 8:
- Brady Barber (University of Richmond, Cross Country)
- Henry DiVita (University of Pennsylvania, Crew)
- Jack Falkowski (Furman University, Cross Country)
- Will Feddeler (Bucknell University, Track and Field)
- Mark Giacona (Colgate University, Crew)
- Chris Levonas (Wake Forest University, Baseball)
- Ryan Martin (Villanova University, Lacrosse)
- Tristan McFarlane (Bucknell University, Track and Field)
- Alex Nini (Rutgers University, Wrestling)
- Anthony Tapinis (Fairfield University, Crew)
“Throughout my four years at CBA, the rigorous academic courses have equipped me with critical thinking skills, dedicated teachers have pushed me beyond my limits, athletics have instilled determination, and service opportunities have enabled me to give back to the community,” Tapinis said. “These qualities and lessons have prepared me for the incredible opportunity to excel both academically and athletically at Fairfield University, and I am excited to continue to grow.”
Tapinis was one of three rowers to commit this November. The cross country and track & field programs joined the crew team in having multiple commitments.
The Academy looks forward to celebrating more collegiate athletic commitments in the spring.