Freshman World Language Courses
Below you will find information pertaining to the selection of your son’s World Language course for 2023-2024 as well as the placement exam for those students who are currently enrolled in a language in the 8th grade.
The World Language Placement Exam will take place on May 2, 2023 from 3:00 – 4:00 PM
Please complete this form by April 15, 2023.
- All CBA students are required to begin their World Language study in the ninth grade and complete three consecutive years of that same language at CBA.
- All incoming freshmen must complete the form below, regardless of whether or not he will take a placement test
- Enter your son’s name and the school he currently attends.
- If your son is currently studying a language in the 8th grade, please select the placement exam which corresponds to that language.
- Check his 1st World Language preference.
- Check his 2nd World Language preference
- If your son does not have a preference or he has never studied a language, check the appropriate entry.
- Consideration will be given to previous language studies, timely student registration and section availability. Once classes fill, late entrants may be placed on a waiting list for their first choice.
- Each incoming freshman, who is continuing with the study of a previously credited language, is required to take the placement test for his 1st World Language preference as he has indicated below. The placement test at CBA will be administered on May 2, 2023 at 3:00 PM. After registering your son, you will be emailed more information as the date gets closer.
Exam Topics and Preparation Guides